How to install Droppity Agro Sensor Kit
Preparing for visit
1. Find Droppity agro app in the Play Market/App Store and download it to your smartphone. Choose Play Market (android)/App Store (iOS) as the download method and install the app.
2. Unpack the Host box and connect the air sensor connector according to the label on the case.
3. Open Droppity mobile app and click continue with Google/Apple (продовжити з Google / Apple).
4. Select an account for the app.
5. Write the name of the farm (e.g., Zaporizhzhia AgroService")
6. Tap '+' plus sign in the top right corner.
7. Select ADD NEW SENSOR.
8. Give permission for Droppity agro app to access the location. Select it when using the app.
9. Allow Droppity to use a camera to scan a QR code when using the app.
10. Scan the QR code on the Host.
11. Enable GPS location for a clearer definition of the device's location. Adjust the device's location on the map.
12. Select a device name (for example, “corn 20 ha").
13. The device is added. Now you can check the measurement indicators.
If the sensors are not in the soil, there will only be temperature readings (yellow bars).
14. To view the harvest forecast, click harvest forecast and select one of the available crops.
15. If you added something incorrectly, or you need to change something, view more information about the device (serial number, charge). Alternatively, you need to delete the device from the app. Then go back to the list of devices, select the hidden menu and click Delete device (видалити пристрій) at the bottom of the list. Start all over again.
16. Prepare the support on which the host and the solar panel will be attached in the field. This is usually a 2-2.5 meter long "stick", which is buried ~30 cm away from the sensor.
Visit and installation
1. In the field before installation: Determine the location where the device will be installed. Choose the middle of a row between plants for better analysis.
2. Drill a hole in the soil to a minimum depth of 3.5ft (1 m) with a minimum diameter of 8.66in (220 mm) using a hand-held garden drill.
3. Place the sensor device and the installer in the drill hole as shown in the scheme:
Place the sensor in such a position that the line on the sticker is at soil level.
Point the direction of the sensors towards the plant.
4. Next, twist the handle to open the plates and insert the sensors (pins) into the soil. Rotate it smoothly, making sure that the sensor elements are not loosened in the soil.
5. As a result, the sensors will be in the soil. Carefully check that all sensor elements are fully in the soil, with the black plugs. It is important that sensor parts of all 5 sensors were in full touch with the soil. Air bags and incomplete touching will greatly reduce the accuracy of soil measurement.
6. Check the operation of the device in the app by connecting all the cables to the Host. Two cables to the air gauge and sensor and one cable to the solar panel according to the markings on the host case.
7. Only after everything in the software works correctly, twist and remove the installer. Backfill, then tamp it down.
8. Install the support where the Host should be attached.
9. Install the support where the Host should be attached.
10. The solar panel comes with a fastener in the kit. Use the supplied hex key to tighten screws 2 so that the support is in the middle. Once screwed in, secure the panel with the fixing to the support using the white clamps. To do this, push the clamps through the holes 1 and fasten them to the support.
Direct the solar cell to the south and it is important that the panel is not shaded by anything. Cut off any excess clamps.
12. Fasten the Host case with a white clip mount to the support. To do this, push the clamps through the holes 1 and fasten them to the support. If without fastening, only with the help of clamps.
Fix the cable to the support using the clamps. The result is as follows.
If you have any questions please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org